Saturday, January 31, 2009

Birds, Birds, Birds

I love Elizabeth Foster's paintings. She's a local Nashville artist.
Marie-Joe gave me one of her landscapes for Christmas this year.
I don't know if I like the birds or the landscapes better, it's a toss up. They are all so great. I'd love to have them all.
You can find some of Elizabeth's work at The Loft at Henpeck Market. See my links for info.
This landscape is just so lovely. When you stand in front of it you get a real R Kenton Nelson vibe. The whole thing is of course more muted, but still...
Usually the little squares of pattern on the paintings are appliques. I think this one may be an applique on an applique.


I wish these translated better in photos, they lose their vibrancy and depth, like most art when photographed. Also most of these are quite large paintings, which gets lost here.

No comments:

Post a Comment